Department of Computer Science and Engineering
The Pennsylvania State University
343D IST Building
University Park, PA 16802
Email: yxw185 at cse dot psu dot edu
I am a Ph.D. candidate in the Mobile Computing and Networking Lab, advised by Dr. Guohong Cao. My research interests include mobile crowdsourcing, mobile networks, and mobile multimedia. I received my B.E. degree from the Department of Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, where Dr. Xinbing Wang advised me on the research of wireless sensor networks throughout the fourth year.
- Ph.D. Candidate, Computer Science and EngineeringAug 2012 - Present
The Pennsylvania State University (PSU), University Park, PA
- B.E., Information EngineeringSep 2008 - Jun 2012
Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), Shanghai, China
- Mobile Computing and Networking Lab, PSUAug 2012 - Present
Studied photo/video crowdsourcing in wireless networks. Proposed to use position and motion sensors to help analyze photos/videos crowdsourced from mobile devices, which increases the scalability of existing content-based crowdsourcing systems by multiple orders of magnitude. Implemented the proposed algorithms and systems on Android devices and Linux servers. Conducted real-world experiments as well as simulations to evaluate the performance.
- Institute of Wireless Communication and Technology, SJTUJun 2011 - Jun 2012
Conducted geometric and asymptotic analysis on coverage problems in wireless sensor networks. Theoretically proved the necessary and sufficient conditions for achieving ''full view" coverage.
- Yibo Wu and Guohong Cao, "VideoMec: A Metadata-Enhanced Crowdsourcing System for Mobile Videos," The 16th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN), 2017.
- Yibo Wu, Yi Wang, and Guohong Cao, "Photo Crowdsourcing for Area Coverage in Resource Constrained Environments," IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2017.
- Xiaomei Zhang, Yibo Wu, and Guohong Cao, "Resource-Aware Approaches for Truth Analysis in Crowdsourcing," IEEE 13th International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), 2016.
- Yibo Wu, Yi Wang, Wenjie Hu, Xiaomei Zhang, and Guohong Cao, "Resource-Aware Photo Crowdsourcing Through Disruption Tolerant Networks," IEEE 36th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), 2016.
- Yibo Wu, Yi Wang, Wenjie Hu, and Guohong Cao, "SmartPhoto: A Resource-Aware Crowdsourcing Approach for Image Sensing with Smartphones," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), 2016.
- Zongqing Lu, Jing Zhao, Yibo Wu, and Guohong Cao, "Task Allocation for Mobile Cloud Computing in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks," IEEE 24th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN), 2015.
- Xinbing Wang, Sihui Han, Yibo Wu, and Xiao Wang, "Coverage and Energy Consumption Control in Mobile Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control (TAC), 2013.
- Yibo Wu and Xinbing Wang, "Achieving Full View Coverage with Randomly-Deployed Heterogeneous Camera Sensors," IEEE 32nd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), 2012.
Honors and Awards
- Best In-Session Presentation Award, INFOCOM 20172017
- Student Travel Grant, INFOCOM 20172017
- Student Travel Grant, ICDCS 20162016
- Graduate Student Teaching Award, PSU2015
- College of Engineering Fellowship, PSU2012-2013
- Fudi Scholarship (Top 2%), SJTU2010