My research interests include the design of resilient interconnected networks, distributed analytics, resource allocation, mobility management, mobile data systems including networks, and applications, and secure signaling and control protocols for telecommunication networks. For a more complete biography click here.
For a list of my current and graduated students, please click here.
- General Co-Chair, IEEE ICNP, 2011
- Program Co-Chair, IEEE SECON, 2010
- General Chair, IEEE MASS, 2008
- Member, Board of Governors, IEEE Communications Society, 2007-2009-
- Director of Magazines, IEEE Communications Society, 2006-2008
- General Co-Chair, Mobiquitous, 2006
- Next Gen Networks Task Force for the President's National Security Telecommunications Advisory Panel, 2005
- General Co-Chair, ACM Mobicom, 2005
- Program Co-Chair, IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP), 2004
- Steering Committee, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (Chair, 2009-2010)
- Steering Committee, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2003-2010
- Founding Editor-in-Chief, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2001-2004
- Editor-in-Chief for IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, 1997-2000
For a list of publications, click here.
- B.E. and M.E. in Electrical Engineering from The Cooper Union, New York, New York
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Columbia University, 1992 - Advisor: Mischa Schwartz.
- Evan Pugh Professor, 2016
- Faculty Teaching Award, 2014, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
- William E. Leonhard Chair in Engineering, 2012
- Thomas Alva Edison Patent Award, 2009
- Distinguished Professor, 2007
- IEEE Computer Society, Meritorious Service Award, 2005
- IEEE Computer Society, Golden Core Member, 2005
- Thomas Alva Edison Patent Award, 2005
- IEEE Fellow, 2002
- Bell Labs Fellow, 2000
- An Eta Kappa Nu Outstanding Young Electrical Engineer, 1996
- Bell Labs Distinguished Technical Staff Award, 1996
Thomas F. La Porta / firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 7/05