- Finding Reference-Counting Errors in Python/C Programs with Affine Analysis. S.
Li and G. Tan. Proceedings of the 27th European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP '14), Uppsala, Sweden, July 2014.
- Exception Analysis in the Java Native Interface. S.
Li and G. Tan. Science of Computer Programming (SCP), 2014.
- JNI Light: An Operational Model for the Core JNI. G. Tan. To appear
in Mathematical Structures in Computer Science. Accepted. 2012.
- JATO: Native Code Atomicity for Java. S. Li, Y. Liu and G. Tan. In the 10th Asian Symposium on Programming Languages and Systems (APLAS), Dec 2012.
- JET: Exception checking in the Java Native Interface. S. Li and G. Tan. To appear in ACM SIGPLAN International conference on Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages & Applications (OOPSLA '11), Oct 2011.
Finding bugs in exceptional situations of JNI programs. S. Li and G. Tan. In the 16th ACM Conference on Computer and Communication Security (CCS '09), Nov. 2009.
An Empirical Security Study of the Native Code in the JDK. Gang Tan and Jason Croft. In USENIX Security 2008, San Jose, California, USA, July 2008.
The companion technical report contains a detailed description of the bugs we identified.
ILEA: Inter-Language Analysis across Java and C.
Gang Tan and Greg Morrisett. In ACM conference on
Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages & Applications
(OOPSLA), Montreal, Oct 2007.
Security Analysis of the Native Code in Sun's JDK. Jason Croft and Gang Tan.
In 23rd Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC), work-in-progress session, Dec 2007.
Safe Java Native Interface. Gang Tan, Andrew W. Appel, Srimat Chakradhar, Anand Raghunathan, Srivaths Ravi and Daniel Wang.
In IEEE International Symposium on Secure Software Engineering (ISSSE 06), pages 97-106, March 2006.