- Copy the source file to your home directory.
- You need to source this file before you start using Cadence tools.
- Copy library files to your directory. Make a directory to put these files. (for example, >mkdir cadencetut).
After you change current directory to the directory you just created, type:
>cp -r /home/software/cadence-20040130/ic/tools.sun4v/dfII/samples/tutorials/le/cell_design .
- Now, we're ready to start. Following command will bring up an window called 'CIW'.
- Select "Tools -> Library Manager ..." in the CIW window to open a 'Library Manager' window.
- In 'Library Manager' window, click "tutorial" and then select "File -> New -> Cell View ..." from the menu.
Put the name of your design in the "Cell Name" box and change the "Tool" to "Virtuoso" and then click "OK" button.
- Have a great time with our new tools!!