My research interests include computer vision, pattern recognition, image processing, and optimization. My current research focuses on multiple target tracking.
- Asad Butt and Robert Collins, "Multi-target Tracking by Lagrangian Relaxation to Min-Cost Network Flow," IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR '13), Portland, Oregon, June 2013. (Oral Presentation ~3.2% Acceptance Rate)
- Asad Butt and Robert Collins, "Multiple Target Tracking using Frame Triplets," Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV '12), Daejeon, Korea, November 2012.
- Minwoo Park, Seungkyu Lee, Po-Chun Chen, Somesh Kashyap, Asad Butt and Yanxi Liu, "Performance Evaluation of State-of-the-Art Discrete Symmetry Detection Algorithms," IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR '08), Anchorage, Alaska, June 2008.
- Asad Butt and Yanxi Liu, "Symmetry Group-based Categorization, Indexing, and Retrieval of Paper-cut Patterns," Technical Report, PSU #08-009 2008.
- TA: CMPEN/EE 455 (Digital Image Processing)