Application to the Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) Department
How to apply for admission to graduate school at Penn State
How to apply:
The process of applying for admission to graduate school at Penn State requires the application materials listed below, all of which are submitted to The Graduate School (see below). Deadlines for applying are as follows: Spring 2015 - August 31, 2014 / Fall 2015 - December 15, 2014.
- An official GRADUATE SCHOOL ELECTRONIC APPLICATION.
- Application fee (See graduate school website).
- Official transcripts (UPLOAD TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL ELECTRONIC APPLICATION)
- Standardized test scores (General GRE, Subject Test GRE recommended, TOEFL, and IELTS). Please refer to Admissions Requirements.
- Three letters of recommendation. (UPLOAD TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL ELECTRONIC APPLICATION)
- Statement of purpose. (UPLOAD TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL ELECTRONIC APPLICATION)
- If you need a Transcript Request Form, it is available online.
- International applicants must submit official or attested university records, with certified translations if the records are not in English.
- Notarized copies are not sufficient.
If you are ready to proceed to the application but have NOT read the Graduate School requirements, please visit that website at http://www.gradschool.psu.edu/prospective-students/requirements/.
If you have read the Graduate School and program requirements and are ready to apply, you may proceed to the application below.
The GRADUATE SCHOOL APPLICATION can ONLY be submitted as follows:
- Electronic Application - This format is the ONLY way to apply. Applying electronically (online) reduces the processing time and receipt of your application is assured.
Electronic ApplicationElectronic Application access. If you do not pay by credit card, please download a copy of the Application Fee Form that can be accessed from the Electronic Application, and mail along with your payment of the non-refundable application fee to:
Graduate Enrollment ServicesAPPLICATIONS WITHOUT FEE PAYMENT CANNOT BE PROCESSED.
The Pennsylvania State University
114 Kern Building
University Park, PA 16802
- DO NOT SEND CASH.
- Make checks payable to: The Pennsylvania State University.
- International money orders or checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank.
- Your canceled check serves as your receipt.