- Ph.D., University of Louisiana
Dr. Das has been on the faculty at the Pennsylvania State University since 1986, and is currently a professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. He received the Ph.D. degree in computer science from the Center for Advanced Computer Studies, University of Louisiana, in 1986.
Dr. Das's primary research interests include computer architecture, parallel and distributed computing, cluster systems, processor management in multiprocessors, performance evaluation and fault-tolerant computing. He has published extensively in these areas. Of late, he is working on multi-core/SoC systems, Network-on-Chip (NoC) microarchitectures, Internet QoS, multimedia servers, and mobile computing. He has served on the editorial board of IEEE Transactions on Computers and IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems.
Computer Architecture, Parallel and Distributed Computing, Cluster Systems, Network-on-Chip (NoC) Architectures, Internet QoS, Mobile Computing, Performance Evaluation, Fault-Tolerant Computing, Multimedia Systems
- Ersoz, D., M. Yousif, C. R. Das. June 2007. Characterizing Network Traffic in a Cluster-Based Multi-tier Data Center. Proceedings of the International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2007). 12 pages. Toronto, Canada.
- Kim, E. J., K. H. Yum, M. Yousif, C. R. Das. April 2007. Exploring IBA Design Space for Improved Performance. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 18(4):498-510.
- Kim, J., C. A. Nicopoulos, D. Park, N. Vijaykrishnan, C. R. Das. June 2006. A Gracefully Degrading and Energy-Efficient Modular Router Architecture for On-Chip Networks. Proceedings of the Thirty-Third Annual International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA 2006). pp. 4-15. Boston, MA.
- Lim. S., C. Yu, C. R. Das. June 2005. Rcast: A Randomized Communication Scheme for Improving Energy Efficiency in MANETs. Proceedings of the Twenty-Fifth International Conference on Distributed Computing systems (ICDCS 2005). pp. 123-132. Columbus, OH.
- Yum, K. H., E. J. Kim, C. R. Das. June 2001. QoS Provisioning in Clusters: An Investigation of Router and NIC Design. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA). pp. 120-129. Goteborg, Sweden.